Wednesday, April 23, 2014

2k14

2k14 is probably the best basketball game option that anyone has available to them.  The 2k series has outlasted NBA Live, NBA Street, and any other franchise that is into basketball game production.  Even so, I don't think this product is entirely fulfilling to my standards.  I do not like the mechanics they have for stealing in this series especially.  Players now just continually swipe at the ball, and more than likely they get it if the ball is in the hands of a big man.  I think they need to change this with the next version.  I thought this would be fixed on the next-gen systems (PS4 and XBOX 1) but to my disappointment, it is basically the same struggle on there as well.  They also don't have people dunking as much in the games.  Now I was ok with most of the other things I had to endure, but the barely dunking thing is ridiculous.  Even with known dunkers the dunks are limited.  Players don't finish at the rim like you expect them to or anything.  It's just terrible on the offensive end to me.  I think they should have put more time into this production and really analyzed that the changes they implemented for the most part detracted from the experience more than helped it.
Now you can say what you want about Jay-Z music I don't really care about that.  But, he helped make the 2k game I liked the most.  I think 2k13 had its own set of flaws and could have done some things a little better as well, but as far as an overall finished product I would still choose this one first.  Maybe the problems I have with 14 will be fixed on 15 but you never know.  Just gotta wait and see that is about the only option available since I'm not on the development team.  I need to be though, I would have it poppin. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, the mechanics are a bit faulty this year, I have the PS3 and PS4 versions. Sadly both versions could use some help. 2k is still my favorite game to play, but the franchise, has seen better days.

    ReplyDelete